Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fridge Magnet

by Daniel Chiam




I started to collect fridge magnet since the beginning of this year. Nothing intense, its just a casual hobby for me. Thanks to Chegu Carol for inspiring me with her own collection of fridge magnets.

Finally I have something to ask for every time when a friend is going to oversea *grin*.

I have collected many stuff before in the past, because I wanted something to be able to make me remember about them - my friends, or even strangers that was once significant to me.

I have like a treasure box back in my hometown, where I keep all those stuff. Mails from my pen pal, birthday cards, some broken stuff, birthday gift and some that I can't remember.

Sometimes, at the end of the day I will take out that box and just walk down memory lane. Remembering those friends that is still and was apart of my life. Wondering will I ever meet them again...

Fridge magnet is cool in many ways but most importantly, it could help me to remember them in the future :D
  1. Paris, France, given by Cindy. Her first visit to France.
  2. Taiping Zoo, Ipoh, given by Andrew. Its our New Year 2010/2011 trip with Sheyvin, Antonia and Yee Seng. Also my first time in Ipoh, Perak.
  3. Kyoto, Japan, given by Pierre. Its his family trip to Japan during Chinese New Year.
  4. Shanghai, China, given by Mikhal. She went there for a short semester just to learn Chinese.*
  5. Shanghai, China, given by Antonia. Her first visit to China.
  6. Hanoi, Vietnam, given by Yee Seng. His first visit to Vietnam.
  7. Praha, Czech Republic, given by Hsieh Ying. Her first visit to Europe and also her first gift to me, haha.
*Wronged info corrected, haha.

6 comments:

  1. We both share the same liking but sadly recently when i saw the door of my fridge bercomot comot dah,,,,, now i am thinking of taking then all down

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see yours!
    bah i think i still have ur kl home address. you havent moved out from that address have you? cos i still have extra fridge magnet from perth. ^__*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Eugene: Haha, its a fridge magnet but I didn't stick it on my fridge, cause I want to make sure its nicely keep...

    @Chegu C: I already updated my new home address on your FB, haha. Thanks in advance. Terima kasih Cheeegu... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, our family also started to collect fridge magnet recently.. will get some magnet from each of the place we went.. and hey, i also have that pair of Vietnamese dolls, but mine is in red.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SK: Now that you have mentioned, it is a good way for the family to bond when they are out visiting other places. Fridge magnet hunting... haha

    Welcome to room8five!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeay. im inside your post!!
    by the way, actually i went to shanghai last year. beijing is just too cold for me during the winter. i wouldn't stand the cold so unfortunately i haven't been to beijing yet..

    ReplyDelete

Do let us know if you like our work!

Instagram: @room8five