Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Malaysia Story: Mikhal Anindita

by Mikhal Anindita from Indonesia




Hi, my name is Mikhal and I am from Indonesia. I have been in Malaysia for quite some times now, and I had just graduated not long ago and is currently back in my homeland to work.

The idea of coming to Malaysia for study was my dad’s idea. The expenses of studying in Europe and America is just too expensive, and it would be a financial burden in the long run. My dad once applied for Monash Master scholarship before, but he couldn't make it. So perhaps, I am just fulfilling his unfulfilled goal in Monash.

Malaysia is a lot similar to Indonesia. The language, the weather, the environment, the people and in many ways, I don’t feel like I have stayed far away from home after all. Although I do find that Malaysian really stick to their own ethnicity. Chinese with the Chinese, Indian with the Indians and Malay with Malays. Perhaps it was the language barrier. When you speak only your own language, you are limiting your circle of friends.




It’s a lot different with my hometown, where we only use one main language to communicate. Even though the difference is still there, but at least we still can communicate to each other well. Overall, Malaysian are friendly and I have no problem making friends with any Malaysian that I've encountered.

Being away from home made me realize how much I love to travel and visiting new places. Not necessarily have to be somewhere far, even exploring the corners of KL for the first time can made me happy.  Usually I go around with my friends around KL and PJ during the weekend, and tourism spots during the holiday.  I remember, I went to Genting, Bukit Tinggi, Langkawi, Penang, Melaka, Ipoh, Cameron Highlands, Fraser Hill, Broga Hill, Tioman, Perhentian & Redang.


Fraser Hill


I like Malaysian food.  Err... actually I like most kind of food, haha. I am the kind of person who love to try new type of food. Personally, I love tasty and spicy food (typical Indonesian), and here in Malaysia, I can still find those food. Though I will miss the food back home after awhile, but I still can live with Malaysian food.  I love Indian roti and hokkien mee. I wonder if the Malaysian can make their chili saude spicier? Hahaha,  all of the chili sauce that I tried here tastes like tomato sauce.

Oh, and I love how food is available 24 hours in Malaysia! How people can eat anytime, even if it is in the middle of the night.  The habit of having supper, another meal after dinner, tempt me a lot. It impacted my physical body a lot. :'(  I wonder how Malaysian girls keep their body slim? Not just slim, but also skinny, with their eating habit.




I have too many good memories in Malaysia. Arranging and celebrating every friend's birthday is one of them.  Although after few years it becomes a habit, it is always a good feeling that people, other than your family, remember and care for you. It's not about the gift, not about the cake, it is more to the warmth and the gathering.

It's an awesome opportunity to know everyone that I've met in Malaysia. Do keep in touch with me, that's why they create Facebook and Twitter, right? Hope to see everyone of you again and wish you all a greater success ahead! :)

Love Miksuper!





"Seize the day, Caper Diem"


room8five @ Facebook | NuffnangX | Twitter | 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mikhal! Glad that you've been having a good time in Malaysia.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I hope you enjoyed your stay here =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm? Which one is Mikhal? Is he in the pics? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank youuu daniel!!! it's such a pleasure to become one of room8five story. Long time no see dan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Hi!! I'm Aki, and I'm an earthlings.. :p.. ha ha ha..

    ReplyDelete

Do let us know if you like our work!

Instagram: @room8five