Sunday, September 30, 2012

How Often Should You Wash Your Jeans?

by Max Law from MaxMayo.com


So be honest: When was the last time you washed your favorite jeans?

Some people wash it after each wear. Some people wash it every few weeks. And some people, wash it once or twice a year.

Here's a piece of advice: Only wash your jeans when it starts to smell.

"Isn't that not very hygienic?" You might ask.

Given the nature of denim fabric, most dirts will "drop off" your jeans by itself. Bacteria are not that likely to live on denim, but when it does, it will smell – that will be your signal. 

A research even proved a jeans worn for 15 months is no dirtier than a jeans worn for 13 days. So, you don't really have to wash it as frequent as your other clothes.

Washing gives character to your jeans, but over-washing makes your jeans fade and fray faster. Your jeans will end up looking too washed out and pale.

Here's a new jeans:
New Jeans. Before any wash.

And here's the jeans after 2 years:


That is how a 2-year-old jeans should look like after frequent wear and disciplined washing. If your jeans looks waaaay beaten up, you might have washed your jeans too frequently.

This is not good:


I used to wash my jeans after every wear (which is bad), but now I'll just stick to once after 3 to 4 wears, which will normally be every 2 months (I don't really wear jeans that often nowadays).

Hope my post is helpful to you. :)

Source: Image 1, 2, 3, 4





Checkout Max at MaxMayo.com and follow him on twitter @maxmayo for more updates and fashion tips!




"Seize the day, Caper Diem"


| room8five @ Facebook | NuffnangX | Twitter | 

17 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing mate.... i use to wash my jeans after wearing them for 2 days and after a year I had to throw them away. So now I try to make sure I don't dirty my jeans in order to keep it unwash for a month! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henry... well, good luck to you hahaha!

      Delete
  2. How come the jean look way better after 2year.. I wash every time after i wear it for whole day! But my jean fade off and dont look as good as the one in ur pic ler..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cindy... probably it's about the number of washes. Also, I guess different brands will fade differently...

      Delete
  3. so i have been doing it right all this time...washing only when it smells...no wonder, i am still liking my 5 years old jeans cos they still feel as comfy as i first bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, a little care goes a long way. :) #TrueStory

      Delete
  4. not bad.. I wash a lot too! umm.. 3-4 times perhaps? useful tips! thanks for sharing weh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhm... I rarely wash mine.. and I rare wear it too. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken wooi... guess your jeans will last veeeeeerrry long :P

      Delete
  6. Huh, really? I dint know about this! Thanks for sharing ya =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Hayley, and it's not too late!

      Delete
  7. Daniel: Oh yeah i rarely wash my jeans too. It a very durable kind of fabric, so u need not to wash if often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely wash my jeans too and I'm just lazy haha.

      Delete
  8. i wash it once a week :P hahhaha call me dirty lols

    Latest: Little Tiramisu Dream

    ReplyDelete

Do let us know if you like our work!

Instagram: @room8five