Thursday, July 19, 2012

[Movie Review] The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

by Daniel Chiam 


7/10 Could have ended as an epic legend


I am so torn apart with the last installment of Batman - The Dark Knight Rises by Christopher Nolan. After such a spectacular story line and  marvelous cast in The Dark Knight, I was hoping for more and perhaps something new, something epic to end the legend. To me personally, I felt the movie fall short of that one last push to become an epic saga.

The story line was well crafted and I do like all the twist at the end of it. Perhaps it was the execution of it was somewhat a bit disappointing, especially with the villain character - Bane. He was so formidable at the beginning and what happened to him in the end was for me a lil' bit distasteful for the character.
            
The one great thing about the whole movie is that it was well emotionally invested in the build up for Batman's character. How he rises again as the dark knight to protect what he love the most - Gotham city. Overall the movie was anything but boring, with all the actions, great story line and impressive casts, The Dark Knight Rises provide a decent ending for the legend.

I also like the fact that Nolan tease us at the end of the movie that something may or may not come out as another sequel (tho he said this is the last one for him) or a spin off of the Batman series.


Thank you 20th Century Fox and Nuffnang for the invite.


"Seize the day, Caper Diem"



13 comments:

  1. No comment about Anne Hathaway being the Catwoman? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catwoman was awesome with the costume :)

      Delete
    2. Haha this one... maybe another post? she was just okay for me :D

      Delete
  2. Hey I think I've seen you yesterday night, peace yo and nice review post yeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw you too and I was just not that sure xD

      Btw, if not mistaken you were the first in line if I'm not mistaken. We came so early and end up sit so front xD DARN!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for tis since the trailer month and months ago -__-
    Hopefully it wont be too disappointing for me. Hehehe ;)

    Have a good day btw ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a disappointment at all... just that we were expecting for more, haha. Expectation too high :P

      Delete
  4. 7/10 ar? Hmm.. I just cant wait to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, you watched already... hahaa and kena sponsor lagi tu.

    Well, good review man. Although it may seems got a little bit of spoiler hehee.

    Happy Thursday, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =.= There's no spoiler... oh okay maybe a bit :P

      GO AND WATCH IT TODAY!

      Delete
  6. hehe..for me this movie is awesome, maybe because i love Nolan so much..i love the plot, i love the way he twists it, & the ending of course, makes me wonder like, "ada sambungan kah ni?" hahaha..
    however, like u said, Bane shouldn't be defeated so easily..i mean, i expect him to die in Batman's hands, but apparently, it's Catwoman that shoots him. Nolan can do better, right? hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed every moment if this movie!

    I don't think there will be a continuation of the Batman story. But maybeeee...a story about Batman's wing man, Robin. Remember Detective Blake...I'm so sure he is Batman's Robin. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Do let us know if you like our work!

Instagram: @room8five